Fear. Anxiety. Worry. They’re not good feelings. I experience them often, and I’m still trying to master practical ways to handle them.
Yesterday I encountered several circumstances that caused me to worry. And I had to deal. Here were a few thoughts that helped me:
- Nothing can enter my life without it first going through God.
- My loving Father wants me to trust Him and to let go!
- I am not in control of the things that happen to me, and I need to stop trying to be.
- Remember to take deep breaths–physically and spiritually. I need to “breathe in” God’s grace, and “breathe out” His praise (from Your Grace Finds Me, by Matt Redman).
- “Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me, [He’s] never failed and [He] won’t start now” (from Oceans, by United)!
Thank God that we can trust His sovereignty and His good plans for us! When fear surrounds you and me, let’s choose to trust that He is near, and that He won’t fail in keeping His promises. ❤
Image Credit: Unknown