My blog has been nominated for my first ever awards, the Liebster Award and the One Lovely Blog – Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Sami from FlowersAndWanderlust was kind enough to nominate me. Thank you, Sami! 🙂
I am so excited about these awards! They help me to feel that my blog has been an encouragement to other people. I only hope that I can continue to share from my heart through my writing and photos, and that the lovely people who read my blog can be blessed!
Rules for the Liebster Award
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions designated by the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Place YOUR nominations for the Liebster Award! Nominate five (or more) other bloggers that have less than 200 followers. Make sure to notify them via comment/email, etc.
- Make up a set of questions for those nominated bloggers to answer.
- Display the Liebster award badge on your blog!
11 Random Facts about Myself
- I have small feet–my shoe size is a Women’s 6 1/2. I can also fit into children’s shoes! 🙂
- My favorite seasons are Fall and Spring. I enjoy the mild weather and the changes in nature around me.
- I’m addicted to chapstick–I carry it around with me wherever I go.
- I have a 7 year old cat named Misty and a 1 1/2 year old puppy named Daisy. I love them so much!
- I met my wonderful husband of 2 years on the internet (okcupid.com), and we got engaged within 5 months of meeting!
- I have a crazy goal to visit every continent before I die. I love visiting new places, and I think it would be so cool to be able to say this about myself!
- I can be pretty goofy at times! I enjoy laughing, and when I feel comfortable with someone, this tends to come out!
- My cup of iced coffee comes before everything in the morning. It helps wake me up and prepare me for the day!
- I was part of a traveling Choir in college, and I loved it!
- I have a fear of spiders–just the thought of a spider crawling on me creeps me out!
- One of my favorite food indulgences is a warm Cinnabon cinnamon bun! I try not to eat them too often, however–they are definitely not a low-calorie food! 🙂
- If we were to live in a V is For Vendetta society and all media were depleted, which single song, book, and movie would you keep in a secret stash and why? The single song would be “Come Thou Fount,” it is a hymn that has been very meaningful in my life. The one book would be the Bible, because I can’t live without it! And the movie (this is so difficult, as I love so many!) would be Dirty Dancing, because it is lighthearted, funny, and romantic, and I can watch it over and over and not get bored! 🙂
- What is your favorite thing to do in your free time? That would be blogging 😉 And I wish I had more time for it!
- What single smell takes you back to a happy place and why? I would have to say Irish Springs soap…because it’s the soap that my husband uses and the scent reminds me of him–fresh, clean, and manly! 🙂
- Which celebrity or author do you look up to most? Probably Taylor Swift. I think that she is so talented, and yet she handles her fame so well.
- What is your favorite quote and why? It would have to be a quote from the Bible, Lamentations 3:22-23 ~ Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. ~ This verse reminds me of the Lord’s great mercy and compassion, and that these blessings are given to us anew each day! He wipes the slate clean! And He is faithful to walk with us and guide us in all that we do.
- How many countries have you been to and which is your favorite? I have been to 4 countries (besides the U.S.): Canada, Mexico, Chile, and China…and Chile is my favorite! ❤
- If you had to choose between the four life elements (fire, ice, water, and earth), which would represent you? Probably earth, because it’s beautiful but composed of dirt–it has many imperfections.
- What is your favorite type of shoes? In the spring and summer (and sometimes fall) flip flops/sandals; in the winter, boots!
- Which literary influence has made the biggest impact on your life? One of them is A.W. Tozer — his writings are so thought-provoking!
- If you could cut one thing out of your life to benefit, what would it be? Definitely junk food!!!
My Nominations for the Award
There are so many other blogs that I would like to nominate, but many of your blogs have more than 200 followers (I’m following the rules here–it’s the OCD in me). I still treasure and appreciate you, and think you should all have awards! 🙂
Questions for Nominated Bloggers to Answer
- Are you a dog or cat person (or both), and why? (or if you aren’t fond of either, please us which type of animal–if any–you like best, and why!)
- What is a favorite High School memory?
- What is a gift that someone has given to you that you greatly treasure?
- If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be, and why?
- Who is one person in your life that you really look up to, and why?
I am also so very grateful for this award! My hope for my blog is that it truly would be encouraging and inspiring. 🙂
Seven Facts About Me
- I prefer cloudy skies to a cloudless, blue sky…I guess I just find that clouds give the sky more character. I also LOVE when you can see rays of sunshine coming through the clouds!
- I went to a Christian college in the Northeast and studied Bible and Elementary Education.
- I have one sibling: a brother, who is two years younger than I am. He is the best! ❤
- My husband and I were able to buy our own home when we got married, thanks to the Lord and to help from his parents. Working on our house has been a mess of one project after another, but it’s encouraging to see it transform little by little! 🙂
- My favorite color is sangria (I know, it’s also a wine!) It was one of our wedding colors, along with light pink, ivory, and grey/silver.
- My favorite place to hang out since I moved is a nearby Target (it includes a Starbucks). You can find me there often with my wonderful God-daughter!
- I can’t stand sleeping with socks on at night; I don’t know why, it just bothers me! This is unfortunate for my husband, as he is often surprised by my cold feet, lol!
My Nominations for the Award
Again, it’s so difficult to narrow them down, as I follow so many amazing blogs! Thank you to all of you for the inspiration you bring to me!