I’d like to start off by asking, “What makes YOU smile?” Is it nice weather, or a day off from work, or maybe something as simple as your favorite song playing on the radio? Well, that’s the question that I also want to ask of myself today!
What makes me smile?
So here goes…here are thirty things that make me smile.
- A well-crafted iced latte
- An intriguing book
- Capturing a good photograph
- Traveling to someplace new
- Looking into my Hubby’s baby blue eyes
- When my Mom and I call each other on the phone at exactly the same time
- When we have our good friends over for dinner on Monday nights
- Getting something for cheap, or free!
- A good conversation
- Get-togethers with my in-laws (there’s always great food and good laughs)
- A tasty meal – especially if I didn’t have to cook it 😉
- When our pets do something cute
- When someone comments on one of my blog posts
- Being able to help someone
- When my Hubby does a chore without my asking
- Knowing I have a God who loves me unconditionally
- Having a “good hair day”
- A soothing cup of tea (add a delicious scone, and it’s even better)
- Sliding under the toasty warm covers at bedtime
- Meeting someone who struggles with similar issues as I do (it helps me feel like I’m not alone)
- When my Hubby and I go over my brother’s apartment for “Movie time”
- Finding a good parking spot
- Listening to rain pounding on the roof as I fall asleep…thunder is good, too
- Going down to my parents’ house for the day
- Catching up with a close friend
- The smell in our house when I’ve had a crock-pot meal cooking all day
- A good hug
- The revitalized way I feel after I take a walk and get fresh air
- Knowing that I have a purpose and that I have a wonderful adventure ahead of me.
Well, I hope you’ve enjoyed my list! And let me ask you again…what makes YOU smile? Do any of the things that I’ve mentioned make you smile, also?
*Featured Photo Credit: Eli Defaria