Almost a month has passed since I last posted. It’s not that I haven’t wanted to – it’s either that I didn’t have an idea for what to write about or I didn’t have the energy to put “fingertips to keyboard.” The depression and anxiety have been relentless, but God has gotten me through day by day. In an effort to focus on something more positive, I’d like to share with you – in no particular order – 25 Things That Make Me Smile. 😀
- My Hubby. He’s a wonderful friend and a good “Daddy” to our pets.
- Dunkin Donuts Cold Brew coffee. With cream and *regular* sugar (not the liquid stuff).
- Sleeping in! I love being able to wake up slowly and get my bearings before beginning the day.
- Sliding into bed at night with the cool sheets enveloping me. I love letting out that sigh and snuggling deeper into the covers.
- Sunrises. They are so quiet, and still, and beautiful…and they help you look forward to the rest of the day.
- Daisy. Our little pup. She is energetic and vocal, and she brings joy to our lives.
- Misty. Our food-loving cat. She enjoys snuggling up in her “cat condo,” sleeping, and – of course – food!
- Soup. Specifically a creamy, comforting soup, and accompanied by a crusty bread.
- A good hair day. It makes you feel like you can conquer the world!
- The appropriate usage of a descriptive adjective in a sentence.
- A hot cup of tea between shivering hands.
- Warm, fuzzy socks on ice cold feet.
- My God. He is always there for me…and I wouldn’t be able to “do life” without Him.
- Our little succulent plant that sits in our window and brings cheer to our home.
- My family. I have been blessed with a supportive family on both sides, and I am so glad to have each one of them in my life.
- Baby giggles. Enough said.
- Long, hot showers.
- My friends. God has also given me awesome friends – friends who are gracious, understanding, and there when I need them.
- An engaging book. I love getting lost inside its pages!
- The Bible. I’m thankful for its truth and it’s relevancy to our lives.
- Trips to Target to grab a Starbucks and visit with my Hubby on his work break.
- Re-watching NCIS for the umpteenth time.
- When I don’t have to cook or clean up after a meal.
- Getting a card in the mail that really encourages me.
- The Lord’s provision. Somehow He has gotten us through this far, and I’m very grateful for His generosity.
Thanks so much for reading! I hope to continue this list at a later time. Now what I want to know is, what is something that makes you smile?
Photo by Thought Catalog on Unsplash