Today I was able to jump back into my Joy Dare challenge! The challenge today was to find Three Gifts White. While it snowed today, and it was very beautiful, I couldn’t bring myself to list that as one of the gifts, lol! It’s been a long winter. However, it was a gift for our dog Daisy, who romped around in it like nobody’s business. If I get time, I will post some of the pictures that I took of her. 😀
- A Gate – We needed a gate for our dog and cat (Daisy and Misty), to keep Daisy out of Misty’s litter box (ick!) towards the back of the house. My Mom and Dad helped out a lot when we first got Daisy less than a year ago, and purchasing this gate for us was one of the things that they did. 🙂
- A Washer – When the washer that came with our house died some time ago, we were at a loss for what to do. Roy’s Mom and Dad came to the rescue! They helped us pick out and purchase (as well as install) a new washer for us. We were so grateful! It was something we used constantly, and being able to purchase a new one meant that we didn’t have to go to a laundromat.
- A Candle Topper – I forget what the occasion was, but Roy’s parents also got us a cute candle topper for us to use with our candles. We had never tried such a thing before, and now that we have, we really like it. The design is so pretty, too! It may seem like a small thing, but sometimes it’s the little things that really make you smile. Thanks, Mom and Dad! ❤
It wasn’t difficult to find Three Gifts White today. Actually, there were more gifts that could have been chronicled. But for these three specifically, I give thanks. God is good!
I’m soooooo grateful for Roy, my Sweet Valentine! He is a wonderful husband, and I am thankful to God for the love that we share.
But I am even more thankful for the love of my God and Father, the Creator of all the earth. It’s so amazing that He loves each and every one of us, and that we have the opportunity to share that love with others! ❤
Near, so very near to You
Nearer I could not be,
For in the Person of Your Son
I’m just as near as He!
Dear, so very dear to You,
I could not dearer be;
The love wherewith You loved Your Son,
Such is Your love for me!
~ Adapted from “A Mind at Perfect Peace” by Catesby Pagent
Rojo. Rouge. Rot. Rosso. Today’s dare was to identify three gifts RED! I thought that this would be a difficult challenge; but thankfully, red is a dazzling color, and the gifts just kind of popped out at me. 😉
- A Gift to Be Worn – My Mom gave me a pretty sweater a month or so ago (for Christmas, actually). I haven’t had an opportunity to wear it yet…but with Valentine’s Day coming up soon, this would be the perfect opportunity! The sweater reminds me of my Mom’s thoughtfulness and generosity.
- A Gift to Display – A second gift that my Mom gave me recently was a Valentine’s Day wreath. I can put it up outside our front door, or anywhere else around the house. I’m just very grateful that she thinks about me wherever she is, and takes the time to pick something up for me that she believes I will like. 🙂
- A Gift to be Read – God’s Heart For You by Holley Gerth is actually a gift that I purchased for myself several years ago. 😀 It’s a calendar with a quote or saying for each day, that is meant to encourage and uplift you. I’m not extremely faithful about reading it, but when I do, God always seems to have the perfect words of love for me.
You really are forgiven,
All those mistakes,
all that pain,
one thing that remains…
Praise God for Three Gifts Red! ❤
Featured Photo Credit: Unknown