So I did a little better this week with remembering to record the things that I’m thankful for. 🙂 That’s a blessing in and of itself! The reminders from the app (the Five Minute Journal) helped a little…but it always seems like when I receive a reminder, I’m busy at that moment and can’t record my thoughts. So right now – before I forget, I’m going to change the times of my reminders so that hopefully they will come when I’m free to write in the app.
The nice thing about the app is that it has positive quotes for each day that pop up when you open the app, and it also has the ability to add a photo to each entry. The quotes are good because they give me a little boost for my day, and I like adding photos to my entries because it helps me be able to look back and remember each day more fully.
So here are some of the things I am grateful for from this past week!
- God got me through the work week
- A car that gets me where I need to go
- The sensation of sliding under the cool bed-sheets at night
- I got a drink from Starbucks for 50 cents
- Being able to sleep in (even if I did sleep too late)
- Sparkling apple cider with dinner
- A nice time at Barnes and Noble (coffee, sweets, and books…with my Hubby)
- Strength for work, even though I didn’t sleep well the night before
- Comfort food (we had a sausage, cheese, and rigatoni bake for dinner)
- A nice time talking with friends after handbell practice
- That we have a yard for our dog (Daisy) to run around in
- A dishwasher – I have less dishes to wash by hand
- That my memory may be getting a little better
- For the cool breeze against my skin when I took Daisy for a walk
- That there was enough work available for me to complete my full shift
- That I was able to read a book and munch on popcorn in the evening
- Free Wawa coffee!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this episode of Thankful Thursday. ❤ Please feel free to share in the comments some of the things that YOU are grateful for from this past week! 😀
Photo Credit: Toa Heftiba