God showed me today that I’ve been harboring an ungrateful attitude. Instead of letting go of the little things that bother me, I’ve been clinging to them and blowing them out of proportion. It’s difficult to receive an attitude adjustment…but God knows what I need, and always does what’s best for me.
So I figured it would be good to focus on some things that I’m thankful for. This way I can hopefully kick the ungratefulness to the curb. Here are a few things that I’m specifically thankful for today.
- The calming sound of the rain as it waters the earth. We’ve been getting a lot of rain along with thunder and lightning recently. Although I don’t enjoy when I have to go outside during a downpour, I do like listening to the steady rain on our rooftop when I’m trying to fall asleep at night.
- Birthdays, graduations, anniversaries, and other celebrations of life. Although I’m not a big fan of parties, it’s still nice to celebrate important milestones with friends and family.
- Books. Enough said.
- Coffee. Not much to add to that, either.
- A husband who works very hard to provide for our family. Even though he’s not crazy about his jobs, Roy shows up each day and does the best that he can.
- The vacation we were able to take. It’s not often that we get a lot of time together to just relax…but our trip to Virginia was a needed break, and we’re grateful to God for it.
- That God sees us and knows us completely and still loves us just the same.
- Good memories. It’s nice to reminisce with loved ones about stories from the past. The memories can even spur you on towards the future.
- Nature. Flowers, trees, raindrops, insects, clouds, and sunrises/sunsets are just a few. Nature inspires me.
- Prayer warriors. I’m so thankful for people who lift me up in prayer. When I’m weak, I know that others are helping to carry my burdens to the Lord.
Thank you so much for reading. 🙂 What is something that you are thankful for today? ❤
Photo by Gabrielle Henderson on Unsplash
Two weeks have passed since I shared a gratitude list. Last week I was feeling depressed and unmotivated, and I actually forgot to write my post on Thursday. Instead of creating a post the following day, I decided to just wait another week and share two gratitude lists in one. 🙂
I’m still feeling low, but the Lord is giving me the energy to write. So here is my list of things that I am grateful for from the past two weeks!
- My husband’s willingness to sit in traffic everyday while driving to and from work
- A pretty sliver of a moon in the evening
- The Hubby and I were able to visit a new park
- We were able to get almost free meals at Chick-fil-A
- I had the chance to talk to my Mom on the phone for longer than normal
- A yummy desert of chocolate chip cookies and milk
- My Mom sent me a Dunkin’ Donuts gift card
- A nice dinner with friends and a good handbell practice
- Comfortable, breezy weather
- Sweet and Salty Cold Brew iced coffee from Dunkin’
- Takeout for dinner! We had tasty subs and french fries
- My doctor’s appointments went okay
- A delicious dinner of hamburgers on the grill
- God’s forgiveness
- My headache wasn’t as bad as it normally is (I’ve been having them every day for about two weeks)
- Roy was understanding when I got really anxious…he encouraged me to rest or read a book to help me feel better
- The rain to water the earth
- Laughter…it helps to relieve stress. I need to laugh more!
- Being able to sleep in
- We went to Barnes and Noble and got drinks and pastries
- I felt quite depressed in the morning, but by evening I was feeling better
- God’s unchanging love
- I had enough money to buy groceries
- We saw a very pretty piece of a rainbow in the sky
- I was able to hold our friend’s baby at handbell practice
- My family and I had a great time visiting the Philadelphia Museum of Art
There you have it! I hope this has been an encouragement to you. If you have something that you’re grateful for that you’d like to share, please feel free to leave it in a comment. Blessings to you! ❤
Photo Credit: Beat Schuler
I have a lot to be thankful for right now. Things that I have been worried about are being worked out. Are they perfect or exactly where I would want them to be? No–but what is important is that God is hearing my prayers and working in my life and the lives of those I love.
I just want to thank my readers for listening to my rants; I know that I can get very “down” sometimes, and it can probably be discouraging. But thank God that He doesn’t leave me where I am! He continues to guide me along my “Journey of Faith”…and I am so grateful for His care, and for the support of the people in my life–including those who read and support me through my blog.
Writing has truly been an outlet! Awesome–another thing to thank God for! 🙂 He is so good. In the good times, and in the bad times. I pray that I will remember His goodness each day, and that it will give me the strength to keep going when things get tough.
God’s blessings to all of you! And I hope that you are enjoying this season of remembrance, and this time to praise God for the gift of His Son.
Thank you again for taking this journey with me! ❤
Photo Credit: Jake Givens